Petition to Local Governments to take the lead on Indigenous Recognition & Reconciliation.
Petition calls for local government to
- Cancel observation of Columbus Day and acknowledge the first monday in October as Indigenous Peoples Day.
- Remove Statues & Monuments of those whom claimed doctrine of discovery, manifest destiny or similar subscriptions of white supremacy.
- Including Indigenous Peoples Rights to government to government consultation and prior and informed consent. [UNDRIP] Into Socially Responsible Investment Matrix Adopt banking criteria for banking which includes public interest – ethical standards, inter generational accounting and environmental stewardship. eg Climate sensitive portfolio management criteria of meeting 1996 IPCC recommendations 350 ppm 1℃ for investment portfolio management by 2020.
- Allocate land or building for Indigenous Community, Arts & Indigenous Cultural Centers
- Allocate 1% of Arts and Culture budget towards ongoing Indigenous Peoples programing
- Introduce resolutions for 1% of land transaction tax for ongoing support and reconciliation efforts for local tribal groups regardless if they be federally recognized.
- Recognition of Indigenous Peoples with a seat at the decision making table.
#IndigenousPeoplesDay #DefundDAPL #1%forFirstPeoples
City of San Francisco Petition:
Please direct questions, comments, or letters of support to: